350g/12oz spinach leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
5 medium free-range eggs
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
½ tsp Spanish paprika
75g/2½oz fresh or dried chorizo, sliced
1 garlic clove, finely sliced
toasted ciabatta slices, to serve
For the sangria, to serve:
Sliced fruit such as oranges and lemons
1. Wash the spinach leaves and and steam in a covered pan for 2-3 minutes or until just wilted.
2. Drain well, lightly squeeze dry, and toss with a one tablespoon of olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Break the eggs into a bowl. Add sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, parsley and paprika and whisk together.
4. Heat the second tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the chorizo briefly until crispy.
5. Add the garlic and fry for a minute or two then add the cooked spinach and toss well.
6. Pour the egg mixture into the pan with the chorizo and spinach, stirring gently over medium heat, resting the eggs for a few seconds at a time to allow them to form curds.
7. Remove from the heat while still a little runny, and serve on the toasted ciabatta.
8. To make the sangria, mix all the ingredients together in a large jug according to taste and desired strength. Pour into glasses, garnish with mint sprigs and fruit and serve with the scrambled eggs.