1 tbsp Olive oil
1 Shallots, finely sliced
250 g small chorizo sausages
200ml Red wine
2 sprigs Thyme
1 dash of chilli oil
8 king Prawns
1 handful flat leaf Parsley
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a gentle heat. Add the shallot and cook until soft but not coloured - about 5 minutes. Remove the shallots from the pan and set aside.
2. Add the chorizo sausages to the same pan and return to the heat. As soon as the sausages leave a little oil, pour in the red wine, tip in the bay leaves and thyme, and bring to a simmer. Return the shallots to the saucepan.
3. Simmer until the wine has cooked down to three-quarters its original volume, before turning off the heat.
4. While the wine is reducing, heat the chilli oil in a large frying pan and fry the prawns over a moderate heat until they turn colour - about 2-3 minutes on each side. Scatter with chopped parsley.
5. Remove the chorizo sausages from the red wine sauce and thread onto skewers, alternating each one with a cooked prawn. Drizzle the skewers with red wine sauce from the pan.
6. Serve this tasty tapas dish with a glass of amontillado or medium-dry sherry.